Mission: To provide a fun, safe and positive place for all kids of the North Country. Under the guidance of caring adults, club members are encouraged to engage in active, creative and educational opportunities that broaden their horizons and strengthen their sense of community responsibility/
Core Areas of Programming Our Boys & Girls Club offers five Core Areas of Programming which meet the diverse needs, interests and inclinations of all members. Our trained professional staff incorporates the following themes into daily activities, allowing youth to learn in a fun and educational environment.
1. Character & Leadership … empowers youth to support and influence their Club and community, sustain meaningful relationships with others, develop a positive self image, and respect their own and other’s cultural identities.
2. Education & Career Development … enables youth to develop aspirations for the future, apply learning to everyday situations and explore opportunities for career and educational enhancement.
3. Health & Life Skills … develops young people’s capacity to achieve and maintain healthy lifestyles, set personal goals and develop the competencies to live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
4. The Arts … helps young people develop self-expression and creativity, acquire multicultural appreciation, and enhance skills in crafts, performing and literary arts.
5. Sports, Fitness & Recreation … encourages youth to develop: fitness, positive use of leisure time, skills for stress management, appreciation for the environment and social and interpersonal skills.