Horizons Engineering, Inc., a multi-disciplinary civil, structural and environmental engineering, water resource consulting, and land surveying firm, has an immediate opening for a project hydrogeologist/geologist/engineer with 3-5 years of water resource and environmental consulting experience to assist with water resource-related municipal, commercial, and institutional projects and to complete other environmental consulting tasks. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to become part of our team. The location of the position can be based out of any of our New Hampshire Offices (New London, Littleton, Conway, Ossipee, New London, or Newmarket), and a partial work from home arrangement may also be considered.
The position has a focus on water resource permitting, including surface water withdrawals and drinking water supplies, and contaminant hydrogeology. The position is best suited for an individual that enjoys new challenges and is willing to learn.
Benefits of the position include:
- Competitive salary and medical benefits;
- Paid vacation and sick time;
- Company 401k;
- Profit sharing;
- Continuing education support;
- Strong potential for career advancement including in-house career counseling; and
- Supportive work environment with ample opportunity for career advancement.
Specific requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in geology, civil engineering with water resource coursework, or related discipline from an accredited institution; Master’s Degree preferred;
- New Hampshire Geologist-in-Training or EIT Certification with 6 months (PG/PE license preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills, with mechanical knowledge;
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good writing and in-person communication skills.
- Ability to complete fieldwork including lifting up to 40 lbs., walking undeveloped sites, with occasional field days requiring several miles of hiking;
- Experience with AutoCAD design software including Civil3D a plus; and
- Desire to work hard, learn, and successfully face new challenges!