The PHEP Coordinator will work to prepare and exercise Emergency Preparedness plans for use during a public health emergency; collaborate with Immunization Coordinator to conduct vaccination clinics; assume co-coordinator role of the Northern New Hampshire Medical Reserve Corps. This full-time position (40 hrs.) reports to Senior Program Manager.
• Plan and coordinate public health emergency preparedness activities, including coordination of trainings, to increase Public Health Emergency Preparedness capabilities within the North Country public health region, including pandemic response • Conduct accelerated influenza and other vaccination planning and preparation activities for key populations identified by CDC and NH DPHS • Collaborate with Public Health Program Manager for the coordination of Northern NH Unit Medical Reserve Corps • Enhance community outreach regarding public health emergency preparedness
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Professional working knowledge about public health and emergency response
- Four-year degree and/or healthcare provider license
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel within the North Country of NH
- Position is categorized as essential in a pandemic
- Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required
- Physical demands include, regular requirements for standing, walking, and lifting objects up to 25 lbs.