Horizons Engineering Inc is a growing Civil, Environmental and Land Surveying firm with offices in Littleton, New London and Conway New Hampshire; Pomfret and Newport Vermont and Kennebunk Maine.
Horizons has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer III with project management experience to support our growing company. This position would be responsible for civil engineering design and permitting of municipal, residential, commercial and institutional projects with the potential for a project management role depending on experience.
Our staff at Horizons is a close-knit group of hard-working individuals that value client service, design innovation, and a no-nonsense approach. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, desire to learn, and interest in working on a wide range of civil engineering projects throughout northern New England.
Essential Job Duties:
• Civil Engineering design and management of municipal, commercial, residential and institutional projects including site design and permitting
• CAD Design work
• Coordination with clients and regulators
• Budget management
• Prepare reports and permit applications related to civil engineering projects
• Design, manage and complete various civil engineering related projects including drinking water treatment, distribution, and storage, wastewater collection, road and drainage improvements
• Contract Administration
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred) in civil engineering or related field;
• 5+ years of professional experience in the practice of civil engineering in northern New England or similar setting;
• VT PE License is required, and NH and ME license are highly desirable;
• Experience with AutoCAD design software including Civil3D;
• Technical experience in water and wastewater infrastructure, stormwater, and site design and permitting in New Hampshire or similar regulatory environment;
• Sound understanding of civil engineering fundamentals including stormwater/drainage design, surface water hydraulics, water and sewer systems and roadway/parking design
• Project management experience;
• Strong organization and communication skills;
• Strong technical skills
• Ability to complete field work including carrying equipment and walking undeveloped sites
• Competitive salary and insurance benefits including health, dental, and life
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
• Company 401k
• Continuing education support
• Supportive work environment with ample opportunity for career advancement
This position will be located in our Pomfret,Vermont office.
Interested Candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to:
Horizons Engineering, Inc.
Attn: Human Resource Manager
34 School Street
Littleton, NH 03561
Or via email at:
Horizons Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on our firm check us out at www.horizonsengineering.com.