SCOPE OF WORK: To educate students and assist in the development of curricula, advisement of students, and evaluation of courses in the Business Management and Accounting Programs and to coordinate departmental initiatives and/or institutional activities that advance the mission of the college. This position shall report to the Business Department Chair at WMCC.
Teaches business and/or accounting courses and other courses as assigned.
- Prepares instructional materials that integrate theory with applications, and clearly outline course and program goals and requirements, and comply with established course content.
- Establishes sound classroom practices and management that responds to diverse academic needs and maintains accessibility and availability to assist students with their learning needs.
- Observes all academic policies and procedures and institutional rules and regulations.
- Oversees student learning activities and academic progress and maintains accurate records of student progress and accomplishments. Consults with and interprets these to students.
- Participates in departmental activities and supports departmental operations by attending meetings, maintaining educational equipment and spaces, preparing requisitions for instructional equipment, supplies or classroom materials, participating in course and program reviews, contributing to departmental initiatives, and maintaining contact with business and industry within the field of business/accounting.
- Participates in college-sponsored recruitment and retention activities by attending admissions events, student orientations, awards ceremonies, and/or advising student activity groups, as assigned.
- Remains current within the field of business/accounting through participation in relevant professional associations and educational and training activities. Utilizes appropriate instructional and administrative technologies as required for teaching effectiveness and college operations/communication.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior.
- Serves on college or system committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a major study in business, accounting, education, or closely related field. Possession of a Master's degree in Education shall require twelve (12) graduate credits in a subject area closely related to business or accounting and a Bachelor's degree in a subject area closely related to business or accounting.
Experience: Two years of teaching experience in business, accounting or closely related field, or two years of experience directly related to the field of business and/or accounting.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license or access to transportation.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Knowledge of basic teaching methods and materials, problems and subject matter as related to courses of instruction. Basic knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, materials and equipment of the career field. Demonstrated ability to work with and secure the cooperation of others and demonstrated ability to supervise and direct the work of learners. Ability to maintain comprehensive and accurate records of the progress and development of the individual student. Evidence of consistent satisfactory professional attitudes. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the college appointing authority.