This workshop meets on:
- May 18th - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Educational session)
- May 19th - 8:30 am - 12:30 pm (Learn to teach your peers)
Register for just one day:
(May 18th - 8 hours)
To increase understanding of the critical public health issues of mental health, substance use, and suicide.
- Learn suicide risk warnings
- Identify substance misuse issues
- Recognize stigma
-- OR --
Register for both days:
(May 18th + 19th - 12 hours)
To learn how to teach your peers and effectively promote harm-reduction, recovery, and well-being in others as a trained Young Adult leader.
- Learn how to present the Young Adult training with another Young
- Facilitate trainings for your peers
You should become a Young Adult Leader if you are...
- Passionate about the public health issues of substance use, mental health, and suicide risk
- Interested in being a role model for your peers, ages 18-25
- Comfortable with co-facilitation and presenting the NAMI Connect Prevention Training for Young Adults program with at least one other Young Adult leader
- Able to follow through by being involved in at least one training per year, as a trained Young Adult co-leader
- Willing to make a personal investment to attend a day and a half leader training session, free of charge, with all training materials provided
For questions about the program or for help with registration, contact Elaine: ebelanger@NCHCNH.org